1. The Basics
A. Owner of Emmett’s Expedition
Emmett’s Expeditions is an online homeschool community offering learning activities (the "Services") operated by Ashley, based in Spotsylvania, Virginia in the United States of America ("we," "us," "our," and "Emmett’s Expeditions").
The Services enable our readers, customers, and subscribers to, among other things, download and apply learning activities in their homeschool. We also provide other related services, such as designing homeschool ID cards.
Ashley has been selling homeschool nature activities since 2013. She sells mainly to customers in the United States and Canada, however offers her items for sale world-wide. Her website address is: https://emmettsexpeditions.com.
B. Key Terms
"Contact" is a person the owner may contact through response to the contact form. In other words, a Contact is anyone who has submitted their contact information on our contact forms. For example, if you send a question through the contact page, you would be considered a Contact.
"Distribution List" is a list of Contacts we may manage on our chosen email platform and all associated information related to those Contacts (for example, email addresses).
"Member" means any person or entity that is registered with us to use the Services.
"Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
"Visitor” means any person who visits any of our Websites.
“you” and “your” means, depending on the context, either a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor.
2. Privacy for You
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Services, you may provide Personal Information about you. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way.
This information may include:
Billing and communications information
- If you purchase our Services, you may also need to provide us with payment and billing information, such as your credit card details and billing address. Mailchimp will also maintain a record of your billing transactions and purchases, and any communications and responses.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
- If you contact us through any of our website contact pages we will maintain the information you provided, and any communications and responses.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- When you submit a mailing list form I collect your name and email address via MailChimp. I do not share your information with anyone and I only use it for sending my newsletters. I keep your information for as long as you are subscribed. Once you terminate a subscription by clicking Unsubscribe at the bottom of you email, I will no longer keep your information. You can read MailChimp’s Legal Policies Here.